Dear Mount Jordan Middle School Community,
We hope you are doing well We are excited to have the first day of school quickly approaching and can’t wait to start teaching the kids again. As you go through this last week of the summer, please read through this document with your child so that you will have an idea of what the school day will look like. We are anxious to start the school year and give students an opportunity to learn in person once again. The procedures below were designed to mitigate exposures according to state and district guidelines.
Before Coming to School
· Complete the Canyons School District Daily Symptom Checker – Back-to-School Routine (postcards were sent from the district).
· Face coverings that cover the mouth and nose are required to be worn once a student is on school property, as directed by Governor Herbert.
· If you do not have a face covering for your child please have them come to the main office and we will supply them with one.
School Entry to Begin the Day
· Doors will open at 7:00 am Monday – Thursday and 9:00 am on Friday.
· Once a student enters, they will proceed directly to their first period classroom, main office for official business or assistance, a prearranged meeting with a teacher for academic help, or to the cafeteria for breakfast.
· Students needing to drop off an instrument will go directly to one of the areas listed above once they have dropped off their instrument.
· Students eating breakfast will be expected to eat in a timely manner and proceed directly to their first period classroom.
· Students may opt to wait outside until they are ready to proceed directly to their first period classroom.
· Once again, building access will begin at 7:00am Monday-Thursday and 9:00 am on Friday