Mt. Jordan SCC Meeting
November 17, 2021
Safety & Digital Citizenship – Jana is the coordinator and is now in the library.
Digital Citizenship Presentation:
- Recommendations- Use mountaineer time to review. Topics to cover:
- stay connected
- digital footprint
- who you are talking with
- dealing with digital drama
- over sharing
- where your digital footprint has been
- Finding balance in a digital world was shared on 10/22
- The common sense media share is coming in weekly emails from Dr. Watts (video, discussion and assignment provided).
- Digital Citizenship is the 3rd week of October
- Top Safety Concern – Crosswalk has been requested still not there.
- Kids are supposed to go down and cross.
- Crossing the street further north for kids to use, the North South Crosswalk isn’t the best.
- Parents dropping off on the outside of the fence/sidewalk.
- Cars and busses coming out the the facility are not stopping. Busses are zooming out of the depo.
- Busses will not stop, although there is a sign saying they won’t, and they are not slowing down.
- There are cars blocking on mountaineer and taking a right is getting stuck.
- Suggested getting parking lane taken off mountaineer.
- Saturday with Alta parking is quite bad.
- Reading inventory Read 180 class was the blue, and there was more growth. With our school the only difference was MLs. The read 180 really is showing a lot of adjustment. Parents can request the 180 class, but most of the students that go into that class are recommended by the teachers.
- It was inquired about how used books could be used and donated. The library will take any of the donated books
Counselor Report –
- Entering 8th grade individual planning meeting will be Dec-Jan.
- Goal to meet with 100% individually. With parents and students.
- Postcards have a QR code about plans, goals, and college ready.
- Digger Fair is coming up in January. The students are getting excited for HS.
- Reading and Math Inventory just before Winter Break coming up soon.
- Midterm is on Tuesday. Things are due on Friday.
- The 1/20 – Donuts and Soda, beanies for the MA.
School Facilitator –
- Monday dentist clinic, we have 10 to follow up and 12 signed up. They can do about 10 a day and will return Tuesday if needed.
- Vision screening and recommendations are coming up. Vision will be in a van, and clinic in her room.
- A food donation from Plasma Center will be donating 5000 items. May need help sorting and storing.
- A wellness room has been requested so students can calm themselves before a behavior arises.
- Parental engagement looking at programs, especially male engagement.
We are doing a great job here, and compared to other schools we have all these programs to make things work. There are so many needs unseen, so let counselors know so meals, needs can be provided. Referrals are getting in. A clothing drive would be helpful.
Next Meeting will be January 19th @ 5 p.m.
Money for Giving for good is going to go for Sub for Santa for our community. Applications have been sent out to by teachers, counselors and staff. Staff goes and does the shopping for Sub for Santa and the wrapping is done at the school.