A “NO TARDY PARTY” will be held on March 25, 2016 for all qualifying students.
When: March 25th at 1:30. We will be on an assembly schedule for the day.
Where: Students who can attend will be in the gym for a student vs. teacher volleyball game followed by an ice cream party. Students who cannot attend will be with their core grade level teachers remediation.
Volunteers: Volunteers who are willing to play volleyball are needed.
How will it work? For 3 weeks (March 7th – March 25th) students will be allowed to have no tardies. That means ZERO tardies during these 3 weeks. This includes 1st period.
Excuse slips: Any excuse notes from the administration or counseling office should not be marked as tardy.
This week Mount Jordan Middle School is focused on Kindness! Participate this week in the following activities.
- Monday, Feb 29 - Introduce yourself to someone new.
- Tuesday, March 1 - Give someone a kind comment.
- Wednesday, March 2 - Write a kind letter to someone.
- Thursday, March 3 - LOL, Makes someone laugh or smile.
- Friday, March 4 - Free High Five Friday.
Canyons School District Office of Special Education and Related Services is offering a FREE series of classes on Autism and Aspergers Syndrome taught by Melisa Genaux, M.Ed. Melisa Genaux works with schools districts across the country as a consultant and trainer focusing on Autism Spectrum Disorders, behavior and classroom management, social skills instruction, consultation skills, and special education legal/compliance.
These FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC classes build on each other so register for the entire series or just the classes you are able to attend. Dates: 2/23, 3/22, 4/13 from 4:15-7:00 PM. Location: Canyons Administration Building East, 9361 S. 300 E., Sandy, UT 84070.
- If you are a Canyons District employee and have access to ontrack please register online, using course #61843 at https://usoe.truenorthlogic.com