This week, applications for National Junior Honors Society will be sent out to the students who meet the following criteria:
3.7 GPA for first quarter
No N's or U's in Citizenship for first quarter
and teacher recommendation
*Students must maintain the criteria each quarter to continue in the NJHS program.
NJHS is an opportunity for leadership and service for students in middle school. It is a national program that is an introduction to the highly estimed National Honor Society for high school students. By joining, NJHS students are commiting to monthly meetings and a minimum of 5 hours of service per quarter. Students are also required to attend the Induction Ceremony.
Math Counts Starts this week with Ms. O'Reilly. See the attachment for details! Math Counts
Congrats Cross Country on an amazing season! The entire team did a great job!
A special shout out to: Tyger Goldfine for coming in 3rd place out of all 7th grade boys in the district!
HALLOWEEN DRESS RULES - Please take a look before you send kids to school!
Students, On Tuesday October 31th, the Mount Jordan administration will be allowing students to dress in costumes for Halloween. The following are school guidelines with regards to appropriate dress for this fun day.
- Full-face masks are not allowed; you must be recognizable.
- Hats/hoods are permitted if they are a part of a specific costume and do not cover the face.
- No weapons or facsimiles of weapons or anything that could be considered to be a weapon. Please leave those plastic swords and things at home.
- All costumes must meet normal daily standards of modesty, cleanliness, etc. Swimming suits and underwear are not to be worn over other clothes.
- No costumes that demean race, religion, nationality, gender, etc.
- Gang related clothing, items, or make-up will not be allowed.
- Administrators or teachers may ask a student to change clothing or remove items from a costume if it is disruptive to the learning environment. All P.E. students should be prepared to participate in class as usual.
- Faces must be recognizable. Students can have no more than half of their face painted.
- The administration always reserves the right to deem the appropriateness of all costumes.
Students, we want you to have fun with this activity and enjoy dressing up, while still remembering the purpose and function of attending school.